Top Ten Tuesday: Favourite Book Quotes
So this week's Top Ten Tuesday topic (now hosted over at That Artsy Reader Girl) is 'favourite book quotes' and I do actually have a few of those so I thought I'd join in this week. I tried to think of quotes or passages that stuck with me long after reading - even if only to make me laugh - although I did have to look up the exact wording on most of them. My memory's not amazing.
- Sirius Black, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (J.K Rowling)
- Elizabeth Bennet to Lady Catherine DeBurgh, Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen)
- Sam Gamgee, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (J.R.R Tolkien)
-Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones (George R.R. Martin)
— Scarlett, Gone with the Wind (Margaret Mitchell)
- Rachel and Will, About a Boy (Nick Hornby)
- Indigo, Forever Rose (Hilary McKay)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (J.K Rowling)
-from Captain Wentworth's letter, Persuasion (Jane Austen)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (J.K Rowling)
Do you have any favourite quotes?